- At Kibutz Afiq on the Golan Heights I managed the deciduous and avocado orchards, and helped with
the establishment of the Yarden Winery as a regional consultant. I served my country and
community and was rewarded with an abundance of friends.
- At the Agricultural Research Organization (ARO) of the Ministry of Agriculture, I became a
scientist and a breeder, involved in breeding self compatible and self fertile almond varieties, early
ripening apricots, wine grapes for Mediterranean climate (Argaman for example), and seedless table
- My work on understanding seedlessness in table grapes, from the biological aspect, and the search
form molecular markers linked to this trait became the thesis for my Ph.D. research.
- At Cornell University, Geneva, New York, I had the opportunity to widen the horizon of breeding
grapes using modern techniques of molecular genetics.
- At Sun World International LLC I had the honor of expanding in scale and geographically; testing
advanced selections globally. Breeding table grapes on a commercial scale is the name of the game.
Registering a Plant Patent is a significant step to commercialize a new selection.
- It was a pleasure serving and supporting the industry in many ways (CGC member).
- Working and collaborating with my good friend, Prof. Bruce Reisch from Cornell University, is a
- Now I make my diverse experience available to others by consulting.
- I designed tools which could help you enhance your breeding program: A database with pedigree
information; with tools to build pedigree trees; and a tool to compile tables to view genetic
diversity, comparing varieties and breeding lines.
- Please contact me for details.